Salt water, Reiki and sun bath
- To cleanse my stone I soak it in salt water over night. I like energising it by putting it in sun for 2 hours and then giving it Reiki energy.
- —Guest lata
Lack of Running Water
- I love the idea of placing stones in running water… but I live in Tucson (Arizona) and there are absolutely no natural streams, ponds, etc. I’ve long used a method of placing them in sea salt or rose petals- though only rose petals I’ve dried myself, so I know what kind of environment they’ve been in before. I’ve never heard of burying them *in* salt *in* the earth… would one have to cleanse the glass container they are in as well? Or would the earth effectively do that?
- —Guest weelittlewitch
Cleansing crystals with Reiki
- I reiki my stones to cleanse them. Much simpler and easier than to remember which ones are ok in water, which needs to be in sunlight or moonlight, etc.
- —Guest gail
Sage or Water
- To clean my crystals I sage them or place them in a pool of running water (on Lake Superior in the spring/summer/fall) or run water over them. I also place them outdoors during the Full Moon (three days before and three days after) so there are actually seven cleansing nights possible. The most important point is to cleanse them spiritually, asking Spirit/God/Goddess to remove any negativity attached to the crystal and then to ‘program’ or ask for their help in bringing Love and Light into the world. Crystals are wonderful companions. Once you begin to seek their help, their vibrations will affect your life profoundly, and in the most beautiful ways.
- —Guest UpNorth
Clearing gemstones-fav idea
- Find a natural (not man-made body of water) stream, river, lake, or even the ocean and let your gemstones soak for just a few minutes.
- —Guest Brina Stasi
Breath of Intention
- I like to blow three exhalations on my crystals as I hold them, stating my intention for their purpose.
- —Guest Petal
Ocean – Moon
- I cleanse my Crystals by placing them all together in a clay pottery dish and covering them with water from the ocean then leave them outside on the full moon. I really like the tip about putting them in the earth. Thanx!
- —Guest Lapis Lazuli
Unless you have dug the crystal out of the ground yourself, it is unlikely that any stone that you buy will be totally devoid of other people’s energies which may not be in accord with your own. It is essential therefore to clear it of any external influences before working with it,especially for healing.
There are several different ways of cleansing or neutralising a crystal and the choice is yours. One of the easiest is simply is to hold the stone under running water for several minuet; this can be done in your bathroom or kitchen but would be infinitely nicer if the crystal could be cleansed in a rippling stream or water from a sacred well, though both are effective
Another possibility is to leave the crystal in direct sunlight for an hour or so; again ideally it would be placed on the ground outdoors but if this is not possible find a suitable windowsill. Or, if you have access to a garden, bury the crystal in the ground overnight ready for the next stage. If used in visualisation techniques,you may opt to simply hold your crystal visualising a cleansing, healing light flooding the stone,removing engrave energies and replacing them with positive ones.
There are other methods, I’m sure, but those above are all easy to do in your own home and will prepare your crystal prepare your crystal for the final stage of the process.
Sourced with kind permission from:- Amerindea
- I like to put my crystals out in a rain/thunder storm. It naturally energizes them, or so I have heard.
- I usually run the crystals under running tap water and then soak them overnight in salt water.
- —Guest sonal
Full Moon and Water, or Reiki Chops
- Mine lie in a glass bowl in a bowl of water under the full moon. For a quick fix then Reiki chops always work too.
- —Guest June Lawrance
- White sage or 24 hour sun and moon light, with morning dew. When I first get a gem, I also “program it” by reading from my gemstone book its purpose and properties. Thanking it in advance
- —Guest Brenni Larson
- Crystals in particular are cleaned effectively in running water, preferably spring or stream water. The reason is that those sources of water contain more negative ions and therefore discharge the energy that’s on the stone’s surface better. The best way is to hold the stone half-submerged and “splash it” by swishing it around vigorously. Beyond that, the best thing is to bury them for a month. Sunlight is good for some stones. But if you think about it, very few stones are found on the Earth’s surface, actually. They’re found in the earth itself. So, the earth is the best place to put them to recharge them.
Sun – Water – Salt – Earth
- I have put my stones/crystals in the sun for about an hour or you could run it under cool water from the tap and make sure it’s submerged completely and let it run 3 to 4 minutes or 10 minutes for optimal results. You can also place it in a container of salt overnight or bury it in the earth overnight.